13 Day Rwanda & Uganda Safaris
Time & Location
About the Event
Day 1: Landing at Kigali international airport and transfer at Lebanon Hotel in Kigali
Day 2: Kigali Genocide Memorial and Drive to Goma in DRC
- 8.00 am: Visit the Kigali Genocide memorial
- 10.00 am: Drive from Kigali to DRC border
- 12.00 am: stopover Musanze for lunch
- 2.00 pm: Continue drive to Congo border
- 4.00 pm: cross to Congo and check in Caritas Hotel
- 5.00 pm: Short city tour(visit the Rond point Tchukudu)
- 6.00 pm: stay at Caritas Hotel
Day 3 : Nyiragongo Hike up
- 8.00 am: drive some 30 minutes to Kibati rangers post
- 10.00 am: start hiking up
- 5.00 pm: arrive at the top and stay near the lavalake.
Day 4 : Nyiragongo Hike down and transfer to Uganda
- 7.00 am: take the last picture of the crater
- 11.00 am: arrive at Kibati rangers post and drive back to the border
- 12.00 am: lunch neae lake Kivu on Rwanda side
- 2.00 pm: drive to Uganda border
- 4.00 pm: cross the border and drive straight to Bwindi Impenetrable forest.
- 5.30 pm: check in broadbill lodge
Day 5 : Mountain Gorilla habituation in Rushaga, Nkuringo or in the Buhoma zone
- 8.00 am: Get a briefing and penetrate in the forest for meeting wild mountain gorilla group. The habituationa takes 3 or 4 hours so you have to pack your lunch and enough water.
- 3.00 pm: Checkin at broadbill Lodge
Day 6 : Drive to Queen Elisabeth and Visit the Kazinga channel (the largest number of Hypos live here)
- 7.00 am: Drive from Bwindi National Park to Queen Elisabeth National Park
- 12.00 am: Get in Engiri lodge for lunch
- 2.00 pm: Drive some minutes in the park and get in the boat for Kazinga channel (this is the place you can see many animals from water.
- 4.pm: drive to Kibale Forest National Park
- 7.00 pm: Check in Parimates Lodge
Day 7 : Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest National Park (the largest number of chimpanzees in the world lives here)
- 8.00 am: Walk some hours to the bottom of Kibale Forest and meet the most wise animal (chimpanzee) in their natural environment
- 12.00 pm: Lunch at primate lodge
- 2.00 pm: drive to Rwenzori and stay at Kilembe Hostel
Day 8 : One of your friend will do the 1 day trek in Rwenzori
- Through the Kilembe trail or Nyabitaba trail both provide beautiful views of other picks and vegetation, maybe he will be able to go up to the second camp and come back down through another trail to stay to the lowest(first) camp in the middle.
- Meanwhile, other people can go for some community activities (we can suggest some short activities to do around to pay extra) or then do a bird watching day.
Day 9 : Reach back the Kilembe Hostel and join the other people and drive to fortportal for a night.
Day 10 : Murchison Falls via Ziwa Rhino
- 7.00 am: Escape the road to Uganda drive toward northern Uganda
- 11.00 am: Stop over at Ziwa Rhino forest reserve and visit the Rhinos in the reserve
- 12.30: Lunch
- 2.00 pm: Drive to Murchson Falls National Park
- 5.00: check in Sambiya River Lodge
Day 11 : Visit the river Nile Falls from the top and from the bottom transfer back to Sambiya River Lodge
- 8.00 am: Drive some minutes to the top of the falls and watch the spectacular and powerful waterfalls with the permanent rainbow
- 11.00 am: drive back to the Hotel
- 12.30 : Lunch
- 2.00 Pm : Get in the boat and ride to the bottom of the falls for facing directly the water falls while meeting crocodiles, hypos, giraffes and elephants.
- 4.00 pm: Check in back in Sambiya River Lodge
Day 12 : Game drive in Murchison Falls
- 7.00: get your packed lunch, cross the river Nile throughout Paraa and start a long day game drive
- 3.00 pm: Cross back the river Nile and drive to Masindi
- 6.00 Pm: Stay at Kabalega resort out of the park.
Day 13 : Drive straight to Kampala Visit the lake Victoria beach
- 8.00 am: Drive strait to Kampala.
- 1.00 pm: Lunch in Kampala
- 3.00 pm: Go for an evening city tour
- 6.00 pm: Check in Forest Cottages or transfer to the airport for an evening flight.
Cost: 4850 USD per person
The person who will do the 2 days Rwenzori trek will pay 250 USD extra.
Note: We only confirm this tour once you make a 40% of the total amount deposit( though western union, Bank wire transfer, on through our online payment system).
We also advice to book your tour earlier as possible as your dates happen in the high season in which visit permits and hotels are getting over booked. This is to avoid any disturbance or unexpected change on your program.
Our cancellation policies depend mainly on National parks terms and rules. The amount deposed on our account is directly used to secure your permits and hotels on which we don't have any control. However, many of our chosen hotel are flexible to return the money at 90 % when your cancellation is announced in advance.
- 13 Day Rwanda & Uganda Safaris$3,850$3,8500$0