Rwanda, Congo & Uganda
11 Days Rwanda & Eastern Congo Safari
11 Days In Rwanda, DRC & Uganda
Time & Location
Rwanda, Congo & Uganda
About the Event
- Welcome in the panoramic Great lakes of Africa. During those 11 days you will explore almost what Africa offers in general. From the rich Rwanda History and culture experience to the authentic and natural Congo lifestyle. From the green landscapes and the big five in Akagera National Park, , you will have that one life time experience closer to the famous mountain and lowland gorillas, chimpanzees and quite a number of experiences with different indigenous tribes….
Day by day activities
Day 1 : Arriving in Kigali
- You will meet our representative in Rwanda who will greet you in style and respect. He speaks English and French very well in additional to his local and community leadership experience. He will take you to the Hotel where you will rest.
- If time allows, you will visit the downtown before retiring in your bed at Onomo Hotel
Day 2: Akagera National Park
- Early morning, drive some 2.5 hours to Akagera National Park and start a day game drive in the big five habitat. You will see savanna mammals like elephants, buffaloes, zebras, giraffes, lions…you have a look inside the lakes too. You will see crocodiles, buffalos, monitor lizards…
- Exit the park around 4 pm and drive straight to Kigali
- Overnight at Onomo Hotel
Day 3 : Kigali City Tour
- After breakfast, you will do Kigali city tour and visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial, where you will travel in the history and experience the bloodiest and recent genocide of the humanity. From here you will be amazed by the great success of a tiny and poor country like Rwanda has managed to build above the fresh wounds.
- You will also visit the Rwanda parliament building and get to learn about the military operations for arresting the genocide. You will also visit the exhibition made in Rwanda shop at downtown. You will make a round drive in the industrial farm and know why Rwanda is one of the fastest growing economy in Africa and the world.
- You will also visit the Kimironko local market
- Later in the afternoon, you will check in an artistic coffee shop at downtown
- Over evening check in Onono Hotel
Day 4: Kigali to Nyungwe
- After breakfast, you will start driving toward the biggest tropical rain forest in East Africa, and the home of 20% of African wide monkeys. Stopover at the King palace museum and get to know about the former Rwandan kings lifestyle. Entertain with their romantic cows in the King palace backyard before continuing to Nyungwe Forest.
- Stopover at Kitabi Eco coundenter for your lunch.
- Reaching at Uwinka rangers station at 3 pm, you will get out of the car and start walking in the bottom of the forest and challenge yourself by walking on an extended above the forest canopy that will give an endless view of the dark forest in which monkeys and endemic paradise birds flying from tree to tree.
- Over evening, you will retire in the Nyungwe Nziza eco lodge at the Forest Entrance.
Day 6 : Nyungwe to Bukavu
- After breakfast, you will trek the famous Chimpanzees known to be the most closest to human being animal because of its state of mind and technicalities in their natural environment. They live in colony and used to fly from branch to branch. They are among the attractive in 13 species found in Nyungwe Forest National Park.
- After trekking, you will drive to Congo border and stopover in Rusizi town for lunch. You will get your fresh food in one of the local restaurants at the edge of lake Kivu shores.
- After what you will cross to Democratic Republic of Congo and check in Orchids Hotel
- Before the sunset, we can walk for a short Bukavu city tour and experience the Congolese lifestyle in their daily activities.
Day 7: Lowland Gorillas Trekking
- After an early breakfast, with your packed lunch, you will have to drive 1 hours to Tchivanga gorilla trekking post in Kahuzi-Biega National Park where you will get briefing and start trekking the famous lowland gorillas in their authentic home. Living in a family, you will trek one of the existing families in the park and get back to Tchivanga post for a comment about your experience.
- After trekking, you will drive to Bukavu city and retire in Orchids Hotel.
Day 8 : Bukavu to Goma, Goma to Virunga.
- After breakfast, you will get at the port for taking a speed boat to take you to Goma city which is the most beautiful and tourist of the country.
- Arrive around 11 am, you will do a short city tour before lunch. Visit the Tshukudu roundabout and the local market before lunch.
- After lunch, you will drive in northern Goma toward Virunga national park. Check in the luxury Kibumba tented camp
- Later after noon, go for a nature walk in Virunga National Park forest and over evening retire in the camp near the shores.
Day 9 : Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Congo
- After Breakfast, you will drive in the bottom of Mikeno Volcano and Visit the biggest primates in the world. They are found only in this side of the earth and that will definitely be one of the insights of your safari in Africa.
- After meeting the rare mountain gorillas in their natural habitat, retire back in Kibumba tented camp.
Day 10 : Nyiragongo Hiking up
- After breakfast, you will go to hike the most active volcano in Africa and visit the largest lava lake in the world. You will spend almost 6 hours to reach the summit and check in the shelters near the crater rim. After the sun set, the view will be fascinating to retain you some hours before your dinner to be ready.
- Night in the Nyiragongo shelters near the crater
Day 11 : Nyiragongo Hiking down
- After an early breakfast, you will start hiking down and reach out back at the Kibati post where you will comment about your experience and drive some 40 minutes back to Rwanda border.
- Cross to Rwanda and get lunch at Gisenyi public beach. Have a traditional massage at the hot springs near the lake before driving straight to the Kigali International Airport for your evening flight.
Cost: 3200 USD
11 Day Super Tour in GreatLake
Gross Personal Cost: 4300 USD per person with a 10% discount for the additional person. Included in this package: - Gorilla permit - Nyiragongo permit - Transport - Speed boat tickets - Accommodation (High Mid range with all basic facilities: Stable Internet signal, Hot shower, self contained…) - Community trips - Food and beverages Not included: - Flight tickets - Rwanda Visa - Health insurance - Money Transfer or Exchange fees