11 Day Rwanda, Congo And Uganda Tour
Time & Location
About the Event
- This Safari Package Starts in Kigali and Ends in Kampala/Entebbe, during this tour you will experience what Africa is all about with nature and species. Some types of Birds and primates like the famous mountain Gorillas and Chimpanzees. You will experience various cultural spectacles of the people and be entertained by indigenous dancers; you will also enjoy a game drive in Queen Elizabeth home of a variety of animals like Elephants, Lions buffaloes, mongoose among others. The best of this, you will visit the largest lava lake in the world on Nyiragongo Crater in DRC.
Day by Day Tour program
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali Rwanda and Transfer to Peponi Leaving space Hotel, Visit the Kigali Genocide memorial
- Arrive at Kigali airport, where you will meet me (I will be waiting for you. If time allows, you will go to visit the Kigali genocide memorial
- Over evening, stay at the Peponi leaving space.
Day 2 : Visit the Genocide memorial and drive to Nyungwe Forest National Park
- After breakfast, y will drive through the paved road to Nyungwe Forest National Park, stopping over at King Palace museum in Nyanza and check in in Kitabi Eco-Center.
- Around 2 pm, drive to Uwinka overlook and walk some 30 minutes in the bottom of the jungle. Step on the extended above-the-forest bridge that will give you a level challenge and a very scenic view of the forest.
- Over evening, stay in Kitabi Eco Center
Day 3 : Drive to DRC and retire in Virunga Nationala Park
- After breakfast, drive some 5 hours alongside Lake Kivu to La cornice DRC border and cross immediately. You will have your lunch in Goma(Congo) before driving to Virunga National Park
- Arrive at Kibumba tented camp later afternoon and check in.
- An evening Nature walk or birdwatching are very interesting here.
Day 4 : Mountain Gorillas Trekking
- After an early breakfast, (around 7 am), you will walk some 10 minutes to the Park rangers station p for registration and briefing about Gorilla trekking adventure. You will start at base of the Virunga Mountains accompanied by armed game rangers. You will move into the jungle and meet search of the amazing mountain gorillas. The trek might take between 2 and 4 hours depending on your trekking ability and the gorilla family you will visit. I, as your private guide, I will wait for you at the base of the virunga volcanic mountain ranges until you finish trekking. After trekking, you should check back in Kibumba tented Camp.
Day 5 : Nyiragongo hiking up and stay at the top
- After breakfast around 8 am we should do some shopping in the supermarket before transferring to Kibati Village where you start your Nyiragongo Volcano hiking experience. Start the hiking at 10 or 10, 30 am and on top later evening. This will take you 6hours estimative. With en route view of some small animals and birds along their trail. Admire the lava lake all evening, before retiring in the shelters on the rim of the giant crater high above the active lake. The climb up to down from Nyiragongo is strenuous and often in hot conditions, but the path is relatively easy. You will have a personal cook preparing a hot meal at the summit. You can hire a porter to carry your luggage at US$ 24 per porter to be paid on ground. The Nyiragongo is one of the world’s most active volcanoes and has the most fascinating magma spectacle in the world. Recently erupted in 2002 creating a mass destruction of Goma city where the lava stones can still be seen.
- Overnight in the shelters at the Top.
Day 6: Hiking down and transfer to Uganda.
- Estimatively, Next day you start the hiking down around 7 am and already at 11 or 12 am, you are at Kibati station again.
- We should then drive some 40 minutes to Goma and cross back to Rwanda and continue the way to Uganda(2 hours driving).
- After crossing to Uganda, we should check in the golden monkeys.
Day 7 : Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi in Uganda for a boat tour and visit the indigenous pygmies
- After morning Breakfast you will drive down to Kabale in Uganda’s highest town (2000 m), with beautiful, lush scenery along the way. We will stay at lake Bunyonyi, Africa’s deepest crater lake (900 m, Bunyonyi means “place of little birds”, so you can expect to view interesting and unique bird-life. After lunch you will take a guided walk to visit the locals in the community, visit the Batwa community or go canoeing on lake (we will check the easiest possibility among the two activities). Return back to the lodge for your Dinner and overnight there.
Day 8: Drive to Queen Elisabeth and do the Kazinga Channel
- Start driving to Queen Elisabeth after your breakfast and later after noon, arrive in Queen Elizabeth National Park- the road winds up into the forested hills and the views are breathtaking-and you have plenty time to admire them because some stretch are unsurfaced that you can only drive very slowly. It passes through deep- farmed valleys. The drive is reminiscent to what one would experience driving through central Europe- indeed this region of Uganda is often referred to as “Little Switzerland.”
- After checking in a Lodge around, you will go for a boat cruise in Kazinga Channel, you will have to encounter the largest number of hypos in the word, the crocodiles, water buffalo and swimming elephants to list few.
- Over night in Engiri Lodge.
Day 9 Game Drive throughout Queen Elizabeth National Park, chimpanzee trekking
- After breakfast, drive throughout the queen Elisabeth National park toward Kyambura Gorge, you will get out of the vehicle to meet the chimpanzees in their natural environment. Those primates are the wisest and the most closer to human kind and here is where they live in a large score in the world.
- After trekking, drive immediately to Kampala by stopping over the equator sign for lunch.
- Overnight, check in the hotel in Kampala.
Day 10 : Visit Jinja And The Source of Nile
- Have breakfast and your guide will be ready to transfer to Jinja with a smooth drive through the famous mabira forest and Lugazi as you take in the scenic landscapes characterized by tea and sugarcane plantations. Arrive Jinja and visit the Source of the Nile River after which you will transfer to Triangle Hotel for lunch. In the afternoon, you will visit the source of the might Nile river and go for boat cruise and explore the River, taking in all its beauty. The cruise lasts about 2hours and you will return to Kampala, arrives well in time for Dinner and Overnight.
Last Day: Kampala City tour
- After breakfast, we should make around in the city center and visit the lake victoria beach before driving to Entebbe where you will have to fly back.
Note: We only confirm this tour once you make a 40% of the total amount deposit( though western union, Bank wire transfer, on through our online payment system).
We also advice to book your tour earlier as possible as your dates happen in the high season in which visit permits and hotels are getting over booked. This is to avoid any disturbance or unexpected change on your program.
Our cancellation policies depend mainly on National parks terms and rules. The amount deposed on our account is directly used to secure your permits and hotels on which we don't have any control. However, many of our chosen hotel are flexible to return the money at 90 % when your cancellation is announced in advance.
- 11 Day Super Tour in GreatLake$2,950$2,9500$0