Rwanda, Congo & Uganda
11 Day Rwanda, Congo and Uganda Tour
This Safari Package Starts in Kigali and Ends in Kampala, during this tour you will experience what Africa is all about with nature and species. Some types of Birds and primates like the famous mountain Gorillas and Chimpanzees. You will also climb the famous Nyiragongo volcano in Congo, experience
Time & Location
Rwanda, Congo & Uganda
About the Event
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali Rwanda do a city tour
- Arrive at Kigali airport, where you will be welcomed by our English, French speaking Guide, a short briefing, and a transfer to your hotel in Kigali. After checking in you will visit the Rwanda Genocide Memorial Center. At this Genocide memorial, you will understand what happened in Rwanda in 1994a year in which 1 million people died within 100 days. If times allow us you will also enjoy a city tour of Kigali. Kigali was founded in 1907 as a small colonial outpost by Dr. Richard Kant, the first German colonial resident of Rwanda. The city has made tremendous progress since the 1994 genocide. Considered one of the safest and friendliest of African capitals, Kigali is blessed with a moderate high-altitude climate. It is inhabited by approximately 1 million people who now enjoy the benefit of peace. You will be pleasantly surprised at how comfortable It feels to be among the gentle people of Rwanda who will be delighted to welcome you to their beautiful, exceptionally friendly country.
Day 2: Kigali to Nyungwe Forest National Park Via Nyanza Royal Palace
- After breakfast at 7 am, we will drive for 2 hours to the King's Palace Museum, the palace of the last king of Rwanda in Nyanza. Stop and take pictures at different stops along the way. The beautiful and picturesque "Land of 1,000 Hills" is the highlight. This activity will take 1 hour and we will be back on the road for a 4 hours drive to Nyungwe Forest National Park. Have a late lunch and then proceed for a canopy walkway on Igishigishigi trail, a favorite activity of park visitors. You will walk on the suspended walkway that is 70 meters high, breathe in the fresh air and enjoy the beautiful birding view of the trees.
Accommodation and Dinner at Chimpanzee Lodge in Rusizi
Day 3: Transfer to cross DR. Congo - Bukavu
- After Breakfast, we will drive to Rusizi I border to cross into DR Congo. You will get through the immigration office and drive to Bukavu. Have an early lunch and then embark on a city tour to explore the vibrant culture of Bukavu city in the DRC. You will discover the city’s colonial heritage, learn about its colorful markets and cafes, and take in the stunning views of Lake Kivu. Later in the evening, we will drive you to your hotel in Bukavu in time for check-in at the hotel and dinner. Retire for the day as you warm up for the next day.
Day 4: Lowland Gorilla Tracking tour in Kahuzi Biega National Park
- This will be a very long day but big where you will wake up to drive to the park in the early morning hours in time for the 7 am brief before the gorilla trek. Kahuzi Biega National Park is famous for its two volcanoes, Kahuzi and Biega, as well as its large population of eastern lowland gorillas. It is also home to other endangered species such as the Okapi and the eastern chimpanzee. You will set out to trek for about 2 hours before you meet the family of gorillas and spend an hour in their presence watching them go about their day. After a fruitful day, we will drive to any preferred place of your choice for lunch and then set off for a 3-hour journey to Karongi district back in Rwanda. Here you will check into the hotel, have dinner and rest as you warm up for the next day’s activities.
Day 5: Drive to Rubavu and visit Bigogwe, Iby’Iwacu Cultural Center
- Bigogwe is one of the most magnificent places in Rwanda located in the Northwestern region, specifically in the districts of Nyabihu and Rubavu, Western Province. While here, you will have a farm visit and cow milking experience. You will take part in the cowboys game experience and the Rwandese traditional dance. From here, you will have lunch and then proceed to Iby’Iwacu Cultural Center. This place offers a great highlight of a traditional rural Rwandan village, that has existed for centuries ago. You will have the opportunity to meet the local people in their daily life activities and also see the King’s house replica, with the help of our professional guide and some elders in the village. You will listen to the king's stories, and the different symbols inside the palace, and witness, and event perform what the king’s wedding ceremony was like.
Accommodation and dinner at Fatima hotel in Musanze
Day 6: Hike Bisoke Mountain
- Mount Bisoke Hike on your sixth of the 11 days Rwanda, Congo, and Uganda Tour you will have an early breakfast and meet up with your driver guide to transfer to the park headquarters for a briefing about hiking mount Bisoke. After the briefing, you will be allocated an experienced park guide who is knowledgeable about the mountain and start trekking which takes about 6 hours including 2 hours descending down to the starting point. Mount Bisoke is a dormant volcano that rises at an altitude of 3711 meters above sea level. During hiking, you will pass through different vegetation types like alpine, bamboo forest, and Hypercom forests where you will have spectacular views of forest elephants, primates like golden monkeys, and gorillas. You will also view different bird species among others. When you reach the summit you will have great views of the crater lake, and Virunga mountain ranges, take incredible pictures, and then have a picnic lunch. After lunch, you will start descending down to the starting point where you will meet up with your driver guide and drive to your hotel to rest as you prepare for the next day's activities.
Day 7: Transfer to Uganda for Lake Bunyonyi boat trip and visit the Batwa Pygmies
- After breakfast, you will transfer to Cyanika border where you will cross to Uganda and continue driving to Lake Bunyonyi in Uganda’s Kabale district where you will visit the Batwa communities, and interact with them, it is surely a good time spent here. From here you will drive to your lodge, check-in and have lunch. In the evening have a boat cruise on the lake where you will get a chance to view various birds and beautiful landscapes including some of the historical islands on Lake Bunyonyi like Kyahugye island where you will find some wildlife including Zebras, waterbucks, impalas, and kobs. Visit Akampeine island, a punishment island where the pregnant unmarried girls were dumped to die, and finally the Bwama and Njuyeera islands where missionary Dr. Leonard Sharp founded a leper colony. Return to your lodge for dinner and rest for the next day.
Day 8: Game Drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- After breakfast Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park- the road winds up into the forested hills and the views are breathtaking. You will have plenty of time to admire them because some stretches are unsurfaced and you can only drive very slowly. It passes through deep-farmed valleys. The drive is reminiscent of what one would experience driving through central Europe- indeed this region of Uganda is often referred to as “Little Switzerland.” Arrive at Lunch time. After lunch go for an evening Game Drive in the National park.
Accommodation and Dinner at Engire Lodge
Day 9: Kazinga Channel Boat Cruise in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Have an early morning breakfast then go for another game drive within the park. Anticipate seeing the famous big five including buffalos, elephants, lions, and other mammals like Giant forest hogs, Bush bucks, Kobs, hyenas, and waterbucks. In the afternoon hours, you will get ready for a lunch cruise along the Kazinga channel. You will appreciate the high scores of elephants, hippos, buffalos, and crocodiles and a number of bird species will also be seen including the rare shoe bill. After the activities, you will embark on a journey to Kibale Forest National Park where you will have dinner and rest.
Day 10: Chimpanzee tracking at Kibale Forest National Park
- After a very early morning breakfast, head to Kibale Forest around 6-00 am for Chimpanzee tracking to meet man’s closest cousins in the wild. You will be amazed to see these primates as they play, swing on tree branches, fight for food, etc. Later embark on an exciting road trip to Kampala the capital city of Uganda, arrive late evening, and transfer to your hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Day 11: Kampala City Tour – Departure
- In the morning after breakfast, at 9:00 am, go for a short city tour of Kampala. Kampala is Uganda’s national and commercial capital bordering Lake Victoria, Africa’s largest lake. During these short city tours, you will see Kampala’s hills covered with red-tile villas and trees surrounding an urban center of contemporary skyscrapers and visit the Lubiri Palace, the former seat of the Buganda kingdom at Mengo Hill. The tour will last 3 hours. Then we transfer you to Entebbe airport.
11 Day Rwanda, Congo & Uganda
Included Park fees Gorilla permits All activities, All accommodation A professional drive/guide Ground transport All Taxes/VAT Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section) Excluded: International flights, Additional accommodation before and at the end of tour, personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.), some meals (as specified in the day-by-day), DrinksUS$3,600.00Tax: +US$576.00 VAT