Rwanda, Congo & Uganda
11 Day Rwanda, Congo and Uganda Tour
This Safari Package Starts in Kigali and Ends in Kampala, during this tour you will experience what Africa is all about with nature and species. Some types of Birds and primates like the famous mountain Gorillas and Chimpanzees. You will also climb the famous Nyiragongo volcano in Congo, experience
Time & Location
Rwanda, Congo & Uganda
About the Event
Day 1 : Arrival in Kigali Rwanda, visit the Genocide memorial
- Arrive at Kigali airport, where you will be welcomed by our English, French speaking Guide, short briefing and transfer to your hotel in Kigali. After checking in you will visit the Rwanda Genocide Memorial Center. At this Genocide memorial you will understand what happened in Rwanda in 1994a year in which 1 million people died within 100 days. If times allow us you will also enjoy a city tour of Kigali. Kigali was founded in 1907 as small colonial outpost by Dr. Richard Kant, the first German colonial resident of Rwanda. The city has made tremendous progress since 1994 genocide. Considered one of the safest and friendliest of African capitals, Kigali is blessed with a moderate high altitude climate. It is inhabited by approximately 1 million people who now enjoy the benefit of peace. You will be pleasantly surprised at how confortable It feels to be among the gentle people of Rwanda who will be delighted to welcome you to their beautiful, exceptionally friendly country.
Day 2 : Transfer To Goma in Congo- Intore Dancers
- After breakfast, at 8:00am Drive to Goma in Congo Town, stopover in Musanze for Lunch at Muhabura and be Entertained by Intore dancers Performances at Ibyiwacu cultural center. The “Intore”, once the elite of the traditional Rwanda army. Were not only trained as military but also in high jump and dance. They were known for their remarkable technique allowing them to jump over 2m40. The intore become worldwide famous as dancers in 1958 world expo was held in Brussels. Today Intore dancers are part of rich Rwanda folklore. The warriors dance is a jewel of the choreographic heritage of Rwanda. Dressed with a mane made of sisal fibre, Tied up on ankles, little bells jingle on each step, giving the warriors dance a thrilling rhythm. Through the Intore ballet, physical confrontation turns into artistic rivalry and then at “the end” comes out into vigorous hug of the warriors. This is the most artistic gesture of friendship mutual aid and protection.
Day 3 : Mountain Gorilla Tracking in Virunga National Park
- Our safari guide will pick you at 7:00am in the morning after taking your breakfast and drive to Virunga National Park station for registration and briefing about Gorilla trekking adventure. Later you will drive to the trekking start point at base of the Virunga Mountains accompanied by armed game rangers. You will move into the jungle in search of the amazing mountain gorillas. The trek might take between 2 and 6 hours depending on your trekking ability and the gorilla family you will visit. Our safari guide will wait for you at the base of the virunga volcanic mountain ranges until you finish trekking. Then you will drive to Goma the capital city of North Kivu Province in the DRC Congo. Dinner and Overnight.
Day 4 : Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking
- After your breakfast, you will move from the hotel, and do some shopping in the supermarket before transferring to Kibati Village where you start your hiking experience. Start the hiking and top in the afternoon. This will take you 6hours, with en route view of some animals and birds along their trail. Admire the lava lake all evening, before retiring in the hut on the rim of the giant crater high above the active lake. The climb up to down from Nyiragongo is strenuous and often in hot conditions, but the path is relatively easy and a sleeping bag. You will have a personal cook preparing a hot meal at the summit. You can hire a porter to carry your luggage at US$ 24 per porter to be paid on ground. The Nyiragongo is one of the world’s most active volcanoes. Recently erupted in 2002 creating a mass destruction of Goma city where the lava lakes can still be seen.
Day 5 : Back from the Volcano, Transfer to Goma Visit the Green lake
- In the morning you will enjoy your breakfast with the breathtaking view overlooking the Nyiragongo crater before you descend. Back from the Volcano, arrive around noon at base camp in Kibati and Transfer back to your hotel in Goma. Goma is the capital city of North Kivu Province in the eastern Democratic Repuplic Of Congo. It is located on the northern shore of Lake kivu. Next to the Rwanda city of Gisenyi. The lake and two cities are in the Albertine Rift, the western branch of the East African Rift System. Goma lies only 13 to 13 km due to South of the crater of the active Nyiragongo Volcano. Thw recent history of Goma has been dominated by the volcano and the Rwandan Genocide of 1994, which in turn fuelled the First and Second Congo Wars. The aftermath of these events was still having effects on the city and its surroundings in 2010. Visit the Green in Mugunga and Overnight.
Day 6 : Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi in Uganda
- After morning Breakfast you will drive down to Kabale in Uganda’s highest town (2000 m), with beautiful, lush scenery along the way. We will stay at lake Bunyonyi, Africa’s deepest crater lake (900 m, Bunyonyi means “place of little birds”, so you can expect to view interesting and unique bird-life. After lunch you will take a guided walk to visit the locals in the community, visit the Batwa community or go canoeing on lake. Return back to the lodge for your Dinner and overnight
Day 7 : Transfer To Queen Elizabeth National Park
- After breakfast Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park- the road winds up into the forested hills and the views are breathtaking-and you have plenty time to admire them because some stretch are unsurfaced that you can only drive very slowly. It passes through deep- farmed valleys. The drive is reminiscent to what one would experience driving through central Europe- indeed this region of Uganda is often referred to as “Little Switzerland.” Arrive at Lunch time After Lunch Go For an evening Game Drive in the National park
Day 8 : Game Drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Have an early morning breakfast then go for a morning game drive within the park. anticipate to see the famous big five including buffalos, elephants, Lions and other mammals like Giant forest hog, Bush bucks, Kobs, hyenas and water bucks. In the afternoon hours you will get ready for a lunch cruise along Kazinga channel. You will appreciate the high scores of elephants, hippos, buffalos and crocodiles.a number of bird species will be also seen along including the rare shoe bill. Diner and overnight
Day 9 Chimpanzees tracking and Transfer to Kampala
- After a very early morning breakfast, head to Kalinzu Forest around 6-00am for Chimpanzee tracking to meet man’s closet cousins in the wild. You will be amazed to see this primates as they play, swing for tree branches fight for food etc. later embark on an existing road trip and Transfer to Kampala the Capital city of Uganda, arrive late evening and Transfer at your hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Day 10 : Visit Jinja And The Source of Nile
- Have breakfast and your guide will be ready to transfer to Jinja with a smooth drive through the famous mabira forest and Lugazi as you take in the scenic landscapes characterized by tea and sugarcane plantations. Arrive Jinja and visit the Source of the Nile River after which you will transfer to Triangle Hotel for lunch. In the afternoon, you will visit the source of the might Nile river and go for boat cruise and explore the River, taking in all its beauty. The cruise lasts about 2hours and you will return to Kampala, arrives well in time for Dinner and Overnight
Day 11 Kampala short Tour, End of the Tour
- Morning after breakfast, at 9:00am go for a short city tour of Kampala. Kampala is Uganda’s national and commercial capital bordering Lake Victoria, Africa’s largest lake. During these short city tour you will see Kampala’s hills covered with red-tile villas and trees surrounding an urban center of center of contemporary skyscrapers and visit the Lubiri Palace, the former seat of Buganda kingdom at Mengo Hill. The tour will last 3hours. Then we transfer you at Entebbe airport.
11 Day Rwanda, Congo & Uganda
Included Park fees Gorilla permits All activities, All accommodation A professional drive/guide Ground transport All Taxes/VAT Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section) Excluded: International flights, Additional accommodation before and at the end of tour, personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.), some meals (as specified in the day-by-day), Drinks