Rwanda & Uganda
20 days in the Great lakes of Africa
Time & Location
Rwanda & Uganda
About the Event
Day 1 : Driving to Rwanda
- You will meet our precious driver-guide (Patient) in Rwanda who will take care of you until the last minutes of your trip.
- After what you will continue driving in Kigali clean streets where you will retire in your Hotel.
- On your way, you can visit the Nyamata Genocide memorial
- Over evening, before sleeping, you can test the local restaurant and enjoy a walk on the cleanest streets in Africa.
- Overnight, stay at Kigali Art Gallery
Day 2 : Kigali City tour
- You will start by the Kigali genocide memorial
- The Belgium soldiers museum
- Kimironko local market
- Inema Art gallery
- Hotel de mille collines
- Over evening retire at Kigali art Galery
Day 3 : Kigali to Nyungwe
- After breakfast, you will do a short Kigali city tour and visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial, where you will travel in the history and experience the bloodiest and recent genocide of the humanity. From here you will be amazed by the great success of a tiny and poor country like Rwanda has managed to build above the fresh wounds.
- On your way, you can pass by:
- The king palace museum
- The Murambi genocide memorial
- After what, you will start driving toward the biggest tropical rain forest in East Africa, and the home of 20% of African wide monkeys.
- Reaching there around 3 pm, you will get out the car and start walking in the bottom of the forest and challenge yourself by walking on an extended above the forest canopy that will give an endless view of the dark forest in which monkeys and endemic spectacular bed fly from trees to trees.
- Over evening, you will retire in the Kitabi Eco Center near the forest.
Day 4 : Drive to Gisenyi, at the Congo border through Karongi and go to visit the Napoleo islands.
- After breakfast, drive alongside lake Kivu to Gisenyi and stopover in Karongi and get in the boat for a short hike in the Napoleon Island. Visit the Amahoro and monkey island.
- Return at lunch time and have a fresh food ata the lake side.
- After noon continue to Gisenyi and before checking in Kivu Peace View Hotel, go and Visit the Hotsprings, the Rubona hill.
Day 5 : Drive to Viruga National Park and stay at Mikeno Lodge
- After a short city tour in Goma: a visit to the Tchukudu roundabout, the local market before driving some 2 hours to Mikeno lodge in Virunga National Park.
Day 6 : Mountain Gorilla trekking
- Early morning drive to the trekking point and got to meet mountain gorillas in the jungle
- Return at lunch time and stay in Mikeno Lodge for more time with gorilla orphans
Day 7 : Nyiragongo Hiking up
- After breakfast, you will go to hike the most active volcano in Africa and visit the largest lava lake in the world. You will spend almost 6 hours to reach the summit and check in the shelters near the crater rim. After sun set, the view will be fascinating to retain you some hours before your dinner to be ready.
Day 8 : Nyiragongo Hiking down
- After an early breakfast, you will start hiking down and reach out back at the Kibati post where you will comment about your experience before crossing to Rwanda and then to Uganda for retiring near Lake Bunyonyi hores.
Day 9 : Go to lake Mutanda for a boat tour, a visit to Kiizi waterfalls and retire back at lake Bunyonyi shores
Day 10 : Lake Bunyonyi-Kazinga Channel in Queen Elisabeth National Park
- After breakfast, here, bird watching is incredible. Drive straight to Queen Elisabeth National Park.
- Arriving around 2 pm, you will get in the boat for a tour in Kazinga Channel. During this boat trip, you will have a chance to see the Elephant in groups, water Buffalos, hippos, crocodiles, bush pigs, antelopes and a very good numbers of water and bush birds. Remember,Kazinga channel in home of the big number of hippos in the world.
- After the boat trip, You will retire in the lodge inside the park(I need to check the availability).
Day 11: Drive to Kampala, stopover at the equator line for lunch
- Around 4 pm This day will be a long day drive, check in at Forest Cottages
Day 12 : Kampala City tour <