20 days in the Great lakes of Africa
Time & Location
About the Event
Day 1 : Driving to Rwanda
- You will meet our precious driver-guide (Patient) in Rwanda who will take care of you until the last minutes of your trip.
- After what you will continue driving in Kigali clean streets where you will retire in your Hotel.
- On your way, you can visit the Nyamata Genocide memorial
- Over evening, before sleeping, you can test the local restaurant and enjoy a walk on the cleanest streets in Africa.
- Overnight, stay at Kigali Art Gallery
Day 2 : Kigali City tour
- You will start by the Kigali genocide memorial
- The Belgium soldiers museum
- Kimironko local market
- Inema Art gallery
- Hotel de mille collines
- Over evening retire at Kigali art Galery
Day 3 : Kigali to Nyungwe
- After breakfast, you will do a short Kigali city tour and visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial, where you will travel in the history and experience the bloodiest and recent genocide of the humanity. From here you will be amazed by the great success of a tiny and poor country like Rwanda has managed to build above the fresh wounds.
- On your way, you can pass by:
- The king palace museum
- The Murambi genocide memorial
- After what, you will start driving toward the biggest tropical rain forest in East Africa, and the home of 20% of African wide monkeys.
- Reaching there around 3 pm, you will get out the car and start walking in the bottom of the forest and challenge yourself by walking on an extended above the forest canopy that will give an endless view of the dark forest in which monkeys and endemic spectacular bed fly from trees to trees.
- Over evening, you will retire in the Kitabi Eco Center near the forest.
Day 4 : Drive to Gisenyi, at the Congo border through Karongi and go to visit the Napoleo islands.
- After breakfast, drive alongside lake Kivu to Gisenyi and stopover in Karongi and get in the boat for a short hike in the Napoleon Island. Visit the Amahoro and monkey island.
- Return at lunch time and have a fresh food ata the lake side.
- After noon continue to Gisenyi and before checking in Kivu Peace View Hotel, go and Visit the Hotsprings, the Rubona hill.
Day 5 : Drive to Viruga National Park and stay at Mikeno Lodge
- After a short city tour in Goma: a visit to the Tchukudu roundabout, the local market before driving some 2 hours to Mikeno lodge in Virunga National Park.
Day 6 : Mountain Gorilla trekking
- Early morning drive to the trekking point and got to meet mountain gorillas in the jungle
- Return at lunch time and stay in Mikeno Lodge for more time with gorilla orphans
Day 7 : Nyiragongo Hiking up
- After breakfast, you will go to hike the most active volcano in Africa and visit the largest lava lake in the world. You will spend almost 6 hours to reach the summit and check in the shelters near the crater rim. After sun set, the view will be fascinating to retain you some hours before your dinner to be ready.
Day 8 : Nyiragongo Hiking down
- After an early breakfast, you will start hiking down and reach out back at the Kibati post where you will comment about your experience before crossing to Rwanda and then to Uganda for retiring near Lake Bunyonyi hores.
Day 9 : Go to lake Mutanda for a boat tour, a visit to Kiizi waterfalls and retire back at lake Bunyonyi shores
Day 10 : Lake Bunyonyi-Kazinga Channel in Queen Elisabeth National Park
- After breakfast, here, bird watching is incredible. Drive straight to Queen Elisabeth National Park.
- Arriving around 2 pm, you will get in the boat for a tour in Kazinga Channel. During this boat trip, you will have a chance to see the Elephant in groups, water Buffalos, hippos, crocodiles, bush pigs, antelopes and a very good numbers of water and bush birds. Remember,Kazinga channel in home of the big number of hippos in the world.
- After the boat trip, You will retire in the lodge inside the park(I need to check the availability).
Day 11: Drive to Kampala, stopover at the equator line for lunch
- Around 4 pm This day will be a long day drive, check in at Forest Cottages
Day 12 : Kampala City tour
- Visit the Cathedrals, Shrines, Mosques, Hindu temples;
- Over evening, attend the local karaoke before retiring at the Hotel
Day 13 : Murchison Falls via Ziwa Rhino
- 7.00 am: drive toward northern Uganda
- 11.00 am: Stop over at Ziwa Rhino forest reserve and visit the Rhinos in the reserve
- 12.30: Lunch
- 2.00 pm: Drive to Murchison Falls National Park
- 5.00: check in Kabalega resort.
Day 14 : Chimpanzee trekking in Budongo
- 6.00 am: Drive to Budongo sector in Southern Murchison falls for meeting the wisest and closer-to-human being animal, the chimpanzees.
- After trekking drive back to Kabalega resort in Masindi.
Day 15 : Visit the river Nile Falls from the top and from the bottom transfer back to Kabalega resort.
- 8.00 am: drive some minutes to the top of the falls and watch the spectacular and powerful waterfalls with the permanent rainbow
- 11.00 am: drive back to the Hotel
- 12.30 : Lunch
- 2.00 Pm : Get in the boat and ride to the bottom of the falls for facing directly the water falls while meeting crocodiles, hypos, giraffes and elephants.
- 6.00 Pm: Stay at Kabalega resort out of the park.
Day 16 : Drive straight to Kampala Visit the Victoria beach flying back
- 8.00 am: Drive strait to Kampala.
- 1.00 pm: Lunch in Kampala
- 3.00 pm: Go for an evening relax at the Victoria beach,
- Visit the uganda wildlife conservation centre; reptile village, botanic gardens.
- Checking in at Entebbe airport for flying back or stay for one more day.
For 2 people sharing transport and 1 rooms: 3800 USD per person
Transport ( Comfortable private Jeep 4x4 with air condition, boat with powerful engines)
Accommodation (2 and 3 stars on international standards)
All visit permits, entry fees, community tips...
Guiding and other services ( English speaking drivers and field guides
All meals and soft drinks (Breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks during different trekking)
Porters where required.
DRC tourist Visa
Rwanda and Uganda Visa fees
Flights and travel insurance
Alcoholic beers preferred liquors
Note: We only confirm this tour once you make a 40% of the total amount deposit( though western union, Bank wire transfer, on through our online payment system).
We also advice to book your tour earlier as possible as your dates happen in the high season in which visit permits and hotels are getting over booked. This is to avoid any disturbance or unexpected change on your program.
Our cancellation policies depend mainly on National parks terms and rules. The amount deposed on our account is directly used to secure your permits and hotels on which we don't have any control. However, many of our chosen hotel are flexible to return the money at 90 % when your cancellation is announced in advance.
- 18 Day Rwanda & Uganda Safari$3,800$3,8000$0